The Governing Body of Tatham Fells CE (VC) Primary School entered into collaboration with the Governing Body of Melling St Wilfrid CE Primary School on 1st September 2015. From this date, a Collaboration Joint Committee was established to provide for collaborative working between the two schools.
As part of the collaborative arrangements, the governing bodies of the two schools agreed on a model of shared leadership, whereby Mrs Jodie Lumb will become the Executive Headteacher over both schools in the collaboration.
Working in collaboration with Melling St Wilfrid CE Primary School, our joint aims and aspirations are:
- To share and develop staff expertise across both schools;
- To try out different and innovative ways of working;
- To raise the aspirations of children, staff, parents and governors;
- To secure strong strategic leadership;
- To maintain and develop individual characters, ethos and distinctiveness of each school but also to use differences to enhance the experience for children from both schools.