Our Safeguarding policy and procedures comply with:
- ‘Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education’ (2015)
- Working Together to Safeguard Children (2018)
- Lancashire Safeguarding Children Board’s Safeguarding Children Procedures
- Tatham Fells CE (VC) Primary School Values and Aims Statement
- Keeping children safe in Education (2018)
Our Designated Senior Leader for Safeguarding is Mrs Fiona Ip
Our Deputy Senior Leader for Safeguarding is Miss Lisa I'Anson
Our nominated Governor for Child Protection is Mrs Carole Butcher
Our school fully recognises the contribution it can make to protect children and support pupils in school. We also acknowledge that schools which offer best protection to children:
have a positive school culture
ensure that children in school know to whom they can turn for support and help
have a Child protection policy and clear procedures for action within school
- have staff who know how to recognise signs and symptoms and know what to do when they have concerns.
This policy and procedure links to other policies and procedures which relate to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils in a holistic sense. These policies can be accessed through the links below.